Thursday, May 21, 2009

Strolling back into shape

I don't care for the gym and running is too sweaty for my liking. But I love to walk, and when the sun is shining I can't wait to get out the door.

When my oldest child was a baby, I'd walk for a couple of hours several times a week while she napped. Organized stroller fitness hadn't caught on yet. But now there's a wide choice of stroller fitness classes and boot camps to choose from in Calgary. And there's another option, too. You can become your own personal trainer with the Strollometer. This wireless device straps onto your stroller and measures your speed, trip distance and time, daily mileage and even the temperature so you know when to tuck an extra blanket around baby. It fits any stroller and is available from Ontario-based BabyBling.ca for $54.99.