Thursday, February 19, 2009

A few of my favourite things...

Is there a book or CD in your collection that you wouldn't leave home without?
Here are my favourite ways to entertain the under 5s when travelling. They've all stood the test of time and then some.

1. Best kids music CD: Sharon, Lois & Bram Sing A to Z
Even grown ups love this CD. There's a clever mix of musical styles and a such a range of music that I promise you won't tire of hearing it. The vocals and musical arrangements on the 34 tracks are top notch.

2. Best audio book: Little Beaver and the Echo
A lovely story about making new friends. The CD has additional songs and activities. Great for a road trip when you need a break from Sharon, Lois and Bram.

3. Best book for long airplane journeys (for ages 3+): Puzzle Castle by Usborne Books
This great picture puzzle book keeps little minds entertained for longer than you'd think possible. All the Usborne puzzle books are great -- we bought the big bind-up edition and it's been a huge success in our house. Our 4 year old has "read" them over and over.

If you have some firm family favourites, let me know by adding a comment to this posting. I'll post a list of the top 10.

2 comments:

  1. My kids (under 3) love the Happy Baby series of board books by Roger Priddy. I love the bright pictures and simple white backgrounds. My kids love pointing out all the everyday objects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! MY kids love the puzzle books, too. We also like the I-Spy books for airplane rides.

    ReplyDelete